Children whose mothers were exposed to high levels of fine particulate pollution in late pregnancy have up to twice the risk of developing autism.
If you're trying to get pregnant there are some lifestyle choices that could improve your odds.
A freind gave me some maternity clothes a couple of years ago. I passed them on to someone else. Now my friend wants them back.
Here are a few popular methods hopeful parents-to-be use to try to get a baby of their preferred gender – and what an expert says about them.
Sex sells, according to conventional wisdom. But when it comes to those with a growing baby bump, sex is a little passé: it's natural birth that sells.
- Discussions on our forums
- Comments on our stories
- Newsletter guides to pregnancy, babies and toddlers
- A personal profile and the chance to connect with other mums
- Newsletter updates from the Essential Mums team
- Competitions and the chance to win great prizes.
What's happening to your body and your baby's development.