OPINION: Public discourse about childbirth inevitably reduces to polarised rhetoric. Caricatures are drawn of 'too posh to push' or 'whale-music hippies.
Newly graduated midwives should not go straight into working without oversight, coroner says.
Your pain threshold can depend on a range of psychological factors like perception, environment and education.
Concerns that pregnant women are receiving more scans than ever has sparked a government investigation.
We debunk some of the most common pregnancy myths.
- Discussions on our forums
- Comments on our stories
- Newsletter guides to pregnancy, babies and toddlers
- A personal profile and the chance to connect with other mums
- Newsletter updates from the Essential Mums team
- Competitions and the chance to win great prizes.
What's happening to your body and your baby's development.