"You won't care about the dogs when you have a baby to take of," others joke (but not joke).
One father reflects on his daughter's surprising entrance into the world as a lifelong gift.
If you're a mum-to-be bent on keeping up your workout routine, the trick is to consult your doctor, know your limit and have a plan for each trimester.
Rules around the financial side of surrogacy need an urgent review, advisory committee says.
Infertility, anxiety and depression are all things people are ashamed to talk about.
- Discussions on our forums
- Comments on our stories
- Newsletter guides to pregnancy, babies and toddlers
- A personal profile and the chance to connect with other mums
- Newsletter updates from the Essential Mums team
- Competitions and the chance to win great prizes.
What's happening to your body and your baby's development.