Few things feel worse than being told to feel joy about something that fills you with an altogether different set of emotions.
Last night Kerri Sackville discovered that no matter how mighty you think you are, you can't do it all on your own.
Is there anything more restorative than a steaming hot bath? Try throwing in a spa-worthy face mask too.
If you're not much of a joiner then finding a mothers group that works for you could prove tricky.
Our minds now carry large loads and are over-stimulated, but help is at hand.
- The case for separate beds
- Why even happily married people cheat
- Women want as much sex as men
- Growing call for condoms for the women
- Headaches 101: What you need to know
- Work-life balance: Stop leaning in
- Motherhood changes you - and that's ok
- 'Confessions of a mediocre widow'
- Your sex life and your crying baby
- Tame your housework
- What to wear when you are pregnant
- 11 ways to flatter your tummy
- Is gender equality ruining your sex life?
- How much exercise do you really need?
- Stop looking at my chest
- Are you happier with kids?
what's in this section?
My ex and I got married and divorced very young. We're starting to get close again. We have a daughter. Should we get back together?
A foray into a good old-fashioned sex education.
Elouise Hemming's cancer stayed away just long enough for a short crop of hair to grow back.
The transition to motherhood is one of the biggest changes a woman can go though. The last thing anyone needs is a lecture about they way they look.
The pain of rejection gave Tatjana Bozic the idea for a documentary - asking former lovers what went wrong.
Writer of The Brokenwood Mysteries Tim Balme explains why we all like a bloody good murder.
Want to succeed in the modern workplace? Here are 10 old-fashioned skills you'll need.
Reese Witherspoon wishes "there were more hours in the day".
Check out which high-profile mums gave birth at home. You might be surprised.
We catch up with the winner of our makeover competition, to see if the changes have stuck a few months down the track.
A busy mum of three, Penny felt like she'd been in a haze for eight years. Then she had this amazing makeover.
Remember the story of Hansel and Gretel? Author Danielle Wood transforms the dark woods into a childcare centre in her dark stories about motherhood.
If working part time and raising two children wasn't enough, Abby Wilder has self-published her debut novel.
There's a trick to keeping your house spotless and it doesn't involve spending the day with your mop and bucket.
School terms fly by in a flurry of forms, artwork and bill that pile up into mounds that I ignore until my school holidays declutter rampage.
- Discussions on our forums
- Comments on our stories
- Newsletter guides to pregnancy, babies and toddlers
- A personal profile and the chance to connect with other mums
- Newsletter updates from the Essential Mums team
- Competitions and the chance to win great prizes.