Vicki had a three-month-old son when she first felt something wasn't right. She was gone within a year.
Burping babies vs burpees - yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - it's just a matter of finding the right match.
I felt pain that challenged even the most intense pain of childbirth.
Beauty sleep might be a thing of the past in your post-kids world, but these simple tricks could help brighten your look.
Stay-at-home mum Shannon undergoes a glamourous makeover, that makes her completely rethink her style.
- The case for separate beds
- Why even happily married people cheat
- Women want as much sex as men
- Growing call for condoms for the women
- Headaches 101: What you need to know
- Work-life balance: Stop leaning in
- Motherhood changes you - and that's ok
- 'Confessions of a mediocre widow'
- Your sex life and your crying baby
- Tame your housework
- What to wear when you are pregnant
- 11 ways to flatter your tummy
- Is gender equality ruining your sex life?
- How much exercise do you really need?
- Stop looking at my chest
- Are you happier with kids?
what's in this section?
My ex and I got married and divorced very young. We're starting to get close again. We have a daughter. Should we get back together?
Is a pregnancy contract a wortwhile exercise in protecting your relationship against the trials and tribulations of new parenthood?
The pain of rejection gave Tatjana Bozic the idea for a documentary - asking former lovers what went wrong.
Miranda Tapsell steps back into the 1960s with her new role in Love Child.
Our minds now carry large loads and are over-stimulated, but help is at hand.
Coffee and snacks aren't enough to see you through the hazy newborn days. Check out these easy tips on how to fuel your body properly.
A dramatic career change mid-life is not unthinkable, but not every shift goes smoothly.
Want to succeed in the modern workplace? Here are 10 old-fashioned skills you'll need.
Stevie Wonder is reportedly expecting triplets with his fiancee Tomeeka Robyn Bracy.
Alicia Silverstone says her three-year-old son is "proud of being vegan".
Is there anything more restorative than a steaming hot bath? Try throwing in a spa-worthy face mask too.
We catch up with the winner of our makeover competition, to see if the changes have stuck a few months down the track.
Remember the story of Hansel and Gretel? Author Danielle Wood transforms the dark woods into a childcare centre in her dark stories about motherhood.
If working part time and raising two children wasn't enough, Abby Wilder has self-published her debut novel.
There's a trick to keeping your house spotless and it doesn't involve spending the day with your mop and bucket.
Some of us have dirty laundry to air. Well, in the washing machine at least.
- Discussions on our forums
- Comments on our stories
- Newsletter guides to pregnancy, babies and toddlers
- A personal profile and the chance to connect with other mums
- Newsletter updates from the Essential Mums team
- Competitions and the chance to win great prizes.