Mums share their stories of feeling isolated, and what they do to try to break out of it.
A few Hollywood mums came together to inspire healthy body image, posing nude for Allure, and we have a sneak peek.
For many of us there is little difference between home and work, causing problems for both.
Get on the phone and tell grandma it's time for babysitting - new research shows it can help ward off brain disease in older women.
Even when she was knee high to a grasshopper, Sergeant Caroline Martin wanted to be a policewoman.
- The case for separate beds
- Why even happily married people cheat
- Women want as much sex as men
- Growing call for condoms for the women
- Headaches 101: What you need to know
- Work-life balance: Stop leaning in
- Motherhood changes you - and that's ok
- 'Confessions of a mediocre widow'
- Your sex life and your crying baby
- Tame your housework
- What to wear when you are pregnant
- 11 ways to flatter your tummy
- Is gender equality ruining your sex life?
- How much exercise do you really need?
- Stop looking at my chest
- Are you happier with kids?
what's in this section?
Friendships are important as we navigate life-changing events for the very first time, like pregnancy and parenting.
What's holding me back from selling our king mattress and ordering two twins? Society!
At times, I feel pretty worthless. In those moments, all I want to do is curl up into a ball and hide in the dark.
The real story on ab machines, diet pills, protein shakes, magic contraptions and more.
REVIEW: The Other Woman is a female-strong, but not quite feminist, take on infidelity.
It's the last roll of the dice for Don Draper as the series that has explored sexism and infidelity reaches its conclusion.
Making a lot of money is not the main focus for half of NZ's small business owners.
Would you answer a job ad for a 135 hour work week for a demanding associate? See what happened when these people did.
Lorde has again shown she is not without flaws, while highlighting the fact pictures do lie.
Actress Olivia Wilde has given birth, announcing the arrival of her baby via Twitter.
In week four of our six-week personal makeover series, Lisa Lyford shares tips on dressing to suit your body shape.
I've realised I wear a subtle variation on the same clothes every day. It's my 'mummy look' you could say.
A new book by two Auckland women aims to lift the lid on how becoming a parent impacts every aspect of your life.
There are plenty of pregnancy books around but how many are relevant to NZ mums? Essential Mums readers give their verdicts.
From tea towels to chopping boards and pantyhose, banish the bugs with these tips.
I realised I had a problem when I almost spent $100 on an hourglass.
- Discussions on our forums
- Comments on our stories
- Newsletter guides to pregnancy, babies and toddlers
- A personal profile and the chance to connect with other mums
- Newsletter updates from the Essential Mums team
- Competitions and the chance to win great prizes.