Four intestinal bugs are responsible for nearly half of all childhood diarrhoea, which kills about 800,000 children globally each year.
I think three-year-olds could give teenagers a run for their money in the attitude stakes.
You can be an incredibly attentive parent and still experience the stress of a child disappearing.
As many as 4 per cent of children go through a phase of repeating or prolonging sounds, or getting 'stuck' trying to talk.
I clearly remember the joy of watching my children learn to speak, and sharing conversations that to an outsider would have been ridiculous.
Join our Mums' Hub community!Get exclusive access to:
- Discussions on our forums
- Comments on our stories
- Newsletter guides to pregnancy, babies and toddlers
- A personal profile and the chance to connect with other mums
- Newsletter updates from the Essential Mums team
- Competitions and the chance to win great prizes.