Reports suggest Google is preparing to launch child-centric versions of some of its services.
Here are five airline fails when it comes to kids.
Dora the Explorer is growing up and we're not sure how we feel about it.
Kids are more willing and able to learn good money habits than parents think.
These nut and gluten free snacks are easy to make and perfect for kids' lunches.
- Disneyland: Not always the happiest place on Earth
- How much screen time is too much?
- Shopping around can save borrowers big time
- Facebook a popular way to sell
- Navigating house insurance changes
- A convert to cruising
- Do you need cover in sickness and health?
- Is your home a terrible investment?
- Raising financially literate kids
- Toymaker says children can learn to code
- From poor to working poor
- Don't get hung out to dry
- Saving difficult family relationships
- Discounts? It pays to ask
- Favourite CD books for Kiwi kids
- Recipe: Beef and kumara casserole
- Fruitful take on saving money
- How cloud photo services match up
- Parents need to teach kids financial skills
- Teaching kids about money
what's in this section?
OPINION: Derek was baulking at the $3500 price of income protection insurance and reconsidering the whole idea.
There is such a glut of cheap food available in New Zealand that we're cavalier about wasting it.
Adult life is full of petty humiliations.
This is a curiously old-fashioned and understated children's animated movie.
A tribute to Robin Williams.
Are all these shiny iPads and laptops actually improving our children's education?
Sometimes the only place to quietly scroll Facebook or Pinterest is in the bathroom.
The Islands are famous as honeymoon spots and luxury getaways, but what if you're going with family?
A transforming Cambodia can be a magical place to take children.
Families came to celebrate their super-powered children and the book honouring them.
Kerryann Dunlop was a lippy teenager hoping to win a spot as his apprentice when she first met Jamie Oliver, now he's just released a cookbook for her.
Not so much a recipe, as a fun new take on an old classic - check out this cool idea for fairy bread.
Are you the perfect daughter, the one who speaks to her mother every day,or the flawed version who forgets her birthday?
Anna loves having her family visit and last week she had some much needed sister time.
I am looking at getting back into the work force after being a stay-at-home mum. I'm worried my CV is out of date.
I want to get back into exercise (after a c-section), what are some good 'first-steps'?
If I thought I didn't have enough time in the day before, I know I definitely don't now.
Having a baby is a wonderful thing but it sure can put your whole system out of whack.
A recent TV piece about a couple's battle with infertility attracted some of the worst, ignorant attitudes those battling with infertility face.
Infertility, anxiety and depression are all things people are ashamed to talk about.
For my husband's birthday last year I gave him a sizeable cyst on my left ovary.
"You won't care about the dogs when you have a baby to take of," others joke (but not joke).
Okay New World, you had your fun. Miss K is excited that Little Shop is back.
Potty training is just around the corner in our house, and it's one of the phases of parenting I have least looked forward to.
I think asking parents to stay away from cafes and restaurants is unfair - I could spend my entire life at home if I didn't go out for fear of the kids playing up.
To have a grandchild and hear their laughter is to have a glimpse of eternity, the bond between grandparent and grandchild lasts a lifetime.
When they were good, we loved those weeks of mayhem and when they were bad – well, we had Baxter to show us how it’s done.
- Discussions on our forums
- Comments on our stories
- Newsletter guides to pregnancy, babies and toddlers
- A personal profile and the chance to connect with other mums
- Newsletter updates from the Essential Mums team
- Competitions and the chance to win great prizes.