The fact is that I am 35, I have one child of nearly four and I have had two miscarriages in our attempt to make a sibling for him.
My boyfriend complains that my son is causing his daughter to behave badly, and it's causing us huge problems.
The ''baby industry'' exploits parents - you don't need to pay through the nose for food and healthcare.
Keeping on top of things around the home could be one small way to keep your stress in check too.
Flatters and young marrieds often ask me how they can keep their weekly food bill in check. Here are 10 ideas.
- Disneyland: Not always the happiest place on Earth
- How much screen time is too much?
- Shopping around can save borrowers big time
- Facebook a popular way to sell
- Navigating house insurance changes
- A convert to cruising
- Do you need cover in sickness and health?
- Is your home a terrible investment?
- Raising financially literate kids
- Toymaker says children can learn to code
- From poor to working poor
- Don't get hung out to dry
- Saving difficult family relationships
- Discounts? It pays to ask
- Favourite CD books for Kiwi kids
- Recipe: Beef and kumara casserole
- Fruitful take on saving money
- How cloud photo services match up
- Parents need to teach kids financial skills
- Teaching kids about money
what's in this section?
Kids are more willing and able to learn good money habits than parents think.
OPINION: Derek was baulking at the $3500 price of income protection insurance and reconsidering the whole idea.
Adult life is full of petty humiliations.
Cate Blanchett has joined the cast of the upcoming adventure tale Jungle Book: Origins.
This young adult movie suffered from an overdose of tragedy.
One company reckons it's time for tablets to bring families together rather than isolate them. So they've gone big.
Reports suggest Google is preparing to launch child-centric versions of some of its services.
The Islands are famous as honeymoon spots and luxury getaways, but what if you're going with family?
Here are five airline fails when it comes to kids.
Kerryann Dunlop was a lippy teenager hoping to win a spot as his apprentice when she first met Jamie Oliver, now he's just released a cookbook for her.
These nut and gluten free snacks are easy to make and perfect for kids' lunches.
Families came to celebrate their super-powered children and the book honouring them.
What does Nicky Hager's book, Dirty Politics, have to do with parenting?
Are you the perfect daughter, the one who speaks to her mother every day,or the flawed version who forgets her birthday?
Anna loves having her family visit and last week she had some much needed sister time.
I am looking at getting back into the work force after being a stay-at-home mum. I'm worried my CV is out of date.
I want to get back into exercise (after a c-section), what are some good 'first-steps'?
If I thought I didn't have enough time in the day before, I know I definitely don't now.
Having a baby is a wonderful thing but it sure can put your whole system out of whack.
A recent TV piece about a couple's battle with infertility attracted some of the worst, ignorant attitudes those battling with infertility face.
No matter how virile you think you are when it comes to depositing your baby batter in a small plastic cup you will never be impressed with your sample.
For my husband's birthday last year I gave him a sizeable cyst on my left ovary.
"I feel like we're going to war," I muttered as we bid farewell to fellow antenatal class participants.
Miss A It seemed to be trying for the world record of naughty acts in a single day. If there is such a record she's gone very close to setting a new one.
Potty training is just around the corner in our house, and it's one of the phases of parenting I have least looked forward to.
This is the first time Milin's become so enthralled by a story that the merchandise that goes with it has become a big part of his life
To have a grandchild and hear their laughter is to have a glimpse of eternity, the bond between grandparent and grandchild lasts a lifetime.
When they were good, we loved those weeks of mayhem and when they were bad – well, we had Baxter to show us how it’s done.
- Discussions on our forums
- Comments on our stories
- Newsletter guides to pregnancy, babies and toddlers
- A personal profile and the chance to connect with other mums
- Newsletter updates from the Essential Mums team
- Competitions and the chance to win great prizes.