Do you and your family eat too much processed meat? Could you bear to be parted from bacon?
Family snaps where everyone is perfectly arranged and saying cheese can end up looking awkward or boring.
An OE for three
One problem with travelling with a three-year-old is that when you bugger it up, you've got a three-year-old with you.
Unique annotated Harry Potter first edition giving insight into JK Rowling's ideas going to auction.
Research shows that people and families who think money is unimportant are fooling themselves.
- Decision time: Fixed or floating?
- Fun, not fanfare for a great birthday party
- Sorted targets new investors
- Digital sweeps urged to curb e-bullies
- The art of complaining nicely
- Distracted eaters take in more calories
- Making good sauce takes good time
- Digging your way out of a bad credit rating
- Gluten- & dairy-free choccie cake
- Get the best from online shopping
- When your birth mother isn't thrilled to meet you
- Piggy bank of mum and dad
- Changing your bank is easy
We're commenting on...
what's in this section?
Disney's Scottish heroine Merida is missing her trademark bow and arrow, frizzy red hair, and healthy teenage figure.
Kiwi supermodel Rachel Hunter is coming home, and she's single.
A new alphabet book for kids, My First Berkshire ABC, is inspired by US billionaire Warren Buffett.
Filmmaker Chris Columbus explains why he's turned his attention to books.
A new market for parent- and kid-friendly technology is exploding.
Twelve-year old Kyle shared his full name, hometown, school and favourite hangouts on the photo-sharing site Instagram.
Mary Lambie has swapped the TV couch on Good Morning for the sandwich counter at Subway.
The Budget contains some surprise sweeteners for struggling families.
A nutritionist talks through a typical child's daily food intake and shows how a few simple changes can make all the difference.
For Essential Mums' first reader roadtest we asked our readers to review a staple for most families - bread.
Spinach colours this oozy, cheesy pull-apart bread a lurid green, guaranteed to satisfy any after-school hunger.
Jan Bilton shares slow cooker recipes for balsamic chicken, pickled pork, Irish bangers and Osso Bucco.
Mouthy Top Gear presenter winds up travelling mothers with advice for airline.
An amble along Australia's eastern seaboard, with kids who need amusing.
Join our Mums' Hub community!Get exclusive access to:
- Discussions on our forums
- Comments on our stories
- Newsletter guides to pregnancy, babies and toddlers
- A personal profile and the chance to connect with other mums
- Newsletter updates from the Essential Mums team
- Competitions and the chance to win great prizes.