My 6-year-old is good at identifying his own emotions but doesn't seem to notice anyone else's at all. Can we teach empathy?
Last year I was that nervous parent taking my first-born to her first day of big school.
As children head back to school, we ask is free-range parenting neglectful or just letting kids be kids?
My kids are being really rude to their new babysitter. I've never seen them behave like this before. What can I do?
North Canterbury boy finally meets other children who share condition he has had since six weeks old.
five to ten
tweens to teens
- Discussions on our forums
- Comments on our stories
- Newsletter guides to pregnancy, babies and toddlers
- A personal profile and the chance to connect with other mums
- Newsletter updates from the Essential Mums team
- Competitions and the chance to win great prizes.