When Emily Slough breastfed her daughter in public she didn't expect a stranger to take a photo, post it on Facebook and call her a tramp.
A baby born with the HIV virus may have been cured as a result of treatments begun just hours after birth.
I don't believe there is any reason why an amber necklace would relieve teething pain. And yet, I still use it.
If a white noise machine is kept at full volume in a room with a sleeping baby, it may harm the baby's hearing suggests a new study.
Fearless little Miss A has finally met her match - a hulking military man that, according to his wife, possessed a pair of "yam hands".
- Recipe: Beef and kumara casserole
- Banned names: Scrotum, Robocop, Hitler...
- Talking to premature babies helps development
- Breastfeeding mums want to ruin your day
- Matt Calman: Expanding the menu
- Bed sharing and breastfeeding
- Music eases babies' pain
- Parents under pressure to 'educate' babies
- Strange Puritanical names
- Shopping smart for baby
- Fresh baby food best
- Boosting breast milk supply
- Kiran Chug: Learning to breastfeed
- Boobs aren't just about sex
- Kiran Chug: Coping with sleep deprivation
- Trusting your instincts
- Bellyful filling a need
- Is crying it out really bad?
- Is baby-led weaning best?
We're commenting on...
what's in this section?
Track your baby’s developmental progress during its first year with our milestone checklist guide.
Your baby is born with some amazing abilities - he is not just a little sponge waiting to soak up experiences.
I think wet days trapped inside with little kids feel about the equivalent of about three fine outside days.
Red cheeks, nappy rash, a runny nose - Jasmin has all the signs of starting to teethe.
Heard of Dysphoric Milk Ejection Reflex? Neither had Dilvin Yasa – until it brought her to her knees.
What do you do if your baby suddenly refuses to breastfeed? How can you work out if it's just a nursing strike or if they are self-weaning?
Doctors have removed a rare tumour that contained several fully grown teeth from a baby boy's brain.
Extensive vaccinations could have saved a baby dying from whooping cough, coroner says.
If you've found yourself cooing in 'baby talk' to your baby, you're off to a good start.
A Kiwi couple, new to Sydney and with no friends, got creative with making their own entertainment.
Join our Mums' Hub community!Get exclusive access to:
- Discussions on our forums
- Comments on our stories
- Newsletter guides to pregnancy, babies and toddlers
- A personal profile and the chance to connect with other mums
- Newsletter updates from the Essential Mums team
- Competitions and the chance to win great prizes.