Becoming a father may raise a young man's risk of depression, according to a new study.
Sign up for monthly newsletters detailing your baby's milestones, and tips on everything from sleep to teething.
Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in an adorable picture series together.
Mother whose baby died in her arms believed cot death could only happen in cots.
Babies develop according to their own timeline, but there are some key milestones that are worth understanding and celebrating.
- Recipe: Beef and kumara casserole
- Banned names: Scrotum, Robocop, Hitler...
- Talking to premature babies helps development
- Breastfeeding mums want to ruin your day
- Matt Calman: Expanding the menu
- Bed sharing and breastfeeding
- Music eases babies' pain
- Parents under pressure to 'educate' babies
- Strange Puritanical names
- Shopping smart for baby
- Fresh baby food best
- Boosting breast milk supply
- Kiran Chug: Learning to breastfeed
- Boobs aren't just about sex
- Kiran Chug: Coping with sleep deprivation
- Trusting your instincts
- Bellyful filling a need
- Is crying it out really bad?
- Is baby-led weaning best?
what's in this section?
Track your baby’s developmental progress during its first year with our milestone checklist guide.
Your baby is born with some amazing abilities - he is not just a little sponge waiting to soak up experiences.
When the kids were asked what they thought of their baby sister, they said "we don't even notice she's around, she's so quiet!"
As parents we often take the path of least resistance, even though it probably sets us up for more pain in the long term.
Here are 11 breastfeeding tips to think about BEFORE you have have the baby.
Melanie Boomker has donated almost 483l of breast milk over five years - earning her a spot in the Guinness Book of Records.
Colicky babies given probiotics as part of a large study, cried or fussed more than babies who were given placebo drops.
Stefanie Nauderer is a non-vaccinating parent. She doesn't want to subject her daughters to the possible side-effects.
For weeks Miss A has been standing at the kitchen drawer, rifling through its contents like a detective looking for clues.
If you've found yourself cooing in 'baby talk' to your baby, you're off to a good start.
- Discussions on our forums
- Comments on our stories
- Newsletter guides to pregnancy, babies and toddlers
- A personal profile and the chance to connect with other mums
- Newsletter updates from the Essential Mums team
- Competitions and the chance to win great prizes.