Today is National Safe Sleep Day, organisations hope it will become an annual event to help prevent infant deaths.
We've had a bottle-feeding breakthrough. Miss A has turned a bit of a corner with the formula-toting imposter.
Some babies have abnormalities of the brainstem that make them susceptible to SIDS, a new study reveals.
Gender neutral parenting is all about raising children outside of the traditional stereotypes of princesses and warriors.
How would you feel about parking your newborn in front of an iPad?
- Matt Calman: Expanding the menu
- Bed sharing and breastfeeding
- Music eases babies' pain
- Parents under pressure to 'educate' babies
- Strange Puritanical names
- Shopping smart for baby
- Fresh baby food best
- Boosting breast milk supply
- Kiran Chug: Learning to breastfeed
- Boobs aren't just about sex
- Kiran Chug: Coping with sleep deprivation
- Trusting your instincts
- Bellyful filling a need
- Is crying it out really bad?
- Is baby-led weaning best?
We're commenting on...
what's in this section?
Track your baby’s developmental progress during its first year with our milestone checklist guide.
Your baby is born with some amazing abilities - he is not just a little sponge waiting to soak up experiences.
If you had fun creating a Halloween costume for your little one, then these Christmas baby costume ideas might inspire you.
Breaking Bad, The Great Gatsby and Game of Thrones all inspired baby name choices this year.
Researchers are offering shopping vouchers to encourage women in low-income areas of the UK to breastfeed their babies.
Secure in his identity as a gay man Trevor MacDonald breastfeeds his baby boy.
Shorter, lighter and with fewer friends by adulthood - life ahead for a very low birth-weight baby.
Parents share their stories of developmental dysplasia of the hip (DDH) and coping with having 'hip babies'.
A baby's level of counting ability shown in study to indicate their later proficiency for maths.
Fewer tantrums has to be a good thing, says a first-time mother who has adopted baby sign language to better understand her son's needs.
Join our Mums' Hub community!Get exclusive access to:
- Discussions on our forums
- Comments on our stories
- Newsletter guides to pregnancy, babies and toddlers
- A personal profile and the chance to connect with other mums
- Newsletter updates from the Essential Mums team
- Competitions and the chance to win great prizes.